Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Testimony - Part 3 - Redemption - God's Amazing Grace!

My testimony is very long so I have divided it into chapters! Don't forget to read Part 1 and Part 2!

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." Acts 2:38+39

Dustin & Sarah's engagement picture!
I knew Dustin from High School. I don't know how or why he showed up at my house one day shortly after I returned from College, except that it was divine intervention! At first I was not welcoming to him. I thought he was going to be judgemental and condemning, like I deserved. In fact I braced myself for rejection once again. But Dustin was different. He showed me compassion that I had not felt before. I told him about my past and revealed to him my scarred heart. But he did not see me as an ugly, dirty person. He saw what I had the potential to become through the grace of Jesus Christ! And for the first time in over a year the walls around my hardened heart began to crack.

I told Dustin about my search for truth and he smiled. He brought me straight to the church I had been searching for. They were not afraid to preach against the dangers of sin and the destruction it brings. I knew this was truth, I had lived it. But they also taught me I could find redemption (deliverance of sinners from the bondage of sin and the penalties of God's violated law by the atonement of Christ).

God gave me the revelation of his redemption plan in Acts 2:38+39 (above)

Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost but now I'm found, was blind but now I see!
                                                                                                                                 ~John Newton


REFLECTIONS:
~Have you been scared of rejection and condemnation and allowed your heart to be cold towards God?
~Has someone shown you compassion when you didn't deserve it? Have you shown someone compassion when they didn't deserve it?
~Have you received the revelation of God's redemption plan and applied it to your life? It is available to everyone!
~Have you felt God's Amazing Grace?

Thank you for reading my testimony! If you are enjoying this series please share with your friends! Continue to Part 4 - Angel's Among Us! You won't want to miss it!

Have you been encouraged by Treasures of Faith?If so, won’t you subscribe and receive our latest posts sent to your inbox or RSS feed?You may also connect with us on Facebook and Twitter, or follow us via Google Friend Connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so excited to have you visit Treasures of Faith! I hope you are encouraged and inspired by what you read! Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love reading what you have to say! We are here to encourage each other so please keep your comments kind! Have a blessed day! ~Sarah